Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rushing to the Airport

I woke up, expecting it to be early and to have a whole day to spend in London. But instead, I woke up at 1:00 p.m. with only a half an hour to pack my bags and get over to the airport! I had to eat breakfast first, of course, and my bags were already packed from the night before. But what about transportation? AND WHERE WAS THE CLOSEST AIRPORT?! WHAT AIRPORT WAS MY PLANE LEAVING FROM!? I had thought I would have all of today to figure that out, so I had just randomly bought tickets to a nearby airport.

I hailed a taxi and told the driver to take me to the nearest airport. Once I got to the airport, I hurried to find where my plane was. I found the right platform, just in time to hear that there was a 3 hour delay. Since my hotel was a long drive away, I decided to do some souvenir shopping at a little souvenir store in the airport. I bought a small Union Jack Flag to bring home to Boston with me.

After that, I went to Subway, and then just went back near my platform to wait. I took a 2 hour nap, and awoke just in time to hop on the plane to go back to Boston. I ended up not getting 1st class seats, but at that point, I just wanted a place to sit and relax.

I guess that this time I can't say that I quite enjoyed my visit to London, in fact I'd say I rather disliked it. On my past venture to London, however, I had a great time. It was just due to my waking up late that I did not enjoy myself. That is all for today. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment