Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Monaco-ville, Manaco

I decided to go to the capitol of Monaco today. While there, I heard about a wonderful oceanographic museum. It is world known as one of the best aquariums for it's vast variety of fish. I entered and was almost automatically feeling like I was in the ocean. There were 90 different pools all with different fish in them. The tanks were set up wonderfully. The fish were so colorful I was almost blinded.

I couldn't forget the shark tank either. The sharks that the aquarium had were HUGE! I got there just in time to see the feeding. After watching the sharks eat, I was mighty hungry myself. I stopped at the aquarium's cafeteria and got something to eat. I got a crab salad (fitting for an aquarium) and ate some pudding for dessert.

Before it got too dark, I went to St. Charles' Church. I read a little plaque out in front of it, and was shocked to learn it was built in the 1800's. Whoever took care of the church took care of it well. The stained glass windows sparkle, and the building looks very well kept with no vines. The bell tower raises 30 meters up and still operates well.

After I visited the church, it got dark. Not wanting to be out in a strange place at night, I returned to my hotel to tuck in for the night. I had a great time in Monaco, and hope to visit it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment