Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hot Air Balloon

I decided I was tired of traveling on land, and after my first experience in the plane, I didn't really want to travel in a plane either. So I came up with the perfect solution: I would get into a hot air balloon with all of my items and let it take me wherever and that's where I would explore. I hoped it would drift towards Kenya. I needed tons of food and drink, because I had no idea where or when the balloon would go down. I even packed an inflatable raft in case I landed in water.


I guess I was a little over-safe. I ended up buying some parachutes as well. I let my balloon drift off at 6:00 a.m. It was beautiful, drifting off into the sunup. I saw some birds flying around, but I scared them off with a small horn I had with me. The sight from up in the sky was amazing. Everything looked so tiny, yet it was beautiful. I had never realized how many patterns Mother Nature had created from above.

I felt like I was at peace. I felt the wind in my hair, and I just lay back on the floor of the balloon with a good book. I felt carefree and perfect. As it got to noontime, I made myself a sandwich for lunch. The birds started coming back again, because they saw the bread, but I took care of that in a pinch. I blasted the horn at them, and they left me be.

As it got darker, the moon came out, and it got cooler. I got out my blanket and pillow and settled in for the night. It was amazing to look up at the night sky, with the stars and the moon. As I looked down, I saw that I was drifting towards Kenya. I smiled and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment