Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 2, Air Balloon- Drifting towards Kenya

It is day 2 of my balloon expedition! I am still heading towards Kenya, and my balloon has started to descend. It is getting very hot out, I feel like I am going to melt into a puddle at any minute. I ended up sticking my head overboard and dumping a bottle of water over it to cool off. After that, I set up a little pop up tent I had brought with me and stuffed so things in it. I grabbed a book and went into my little tent to relax.

I decided that it was time to take some beautiful photos after an hour of reading. It seemed to get dark fast, and as the sun escaped beneath the clouds, I caught a wonderful picture (not really none of this is real it is my imagination, this photo belongs to someone else.) of the sunset just as it went down. I then switched my camera to night mode, and I got some good night photos.

I knew it was still early, but with it being so dark, I had no idea what to do. I couldn't call anyone or go online as I had no service up in the clouds. I turned on my little electric lamp and read a little of my book. It was a really good book called Tom Sawyer Abroad. In the story, Tom too is up in the air on an adventure. Soon, I got tired and turned off my lamp. I fell asleep easily with only a little moonlight peeking through my tent. As I slept, I slowly descended into Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment