Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Plane to London

My eighty days are almost up and I can't believe it! Today, I left Nairobi by airplane for London, where I will switch planes and from there land in Boston, where my trip will, sadly, end. But I will make a stop in London tomorrow. At the moment, I am in first class, luxury seats on a plane next to NO ONE! It is wonderful. The most annoying thing is that the food cart stops here last. 

I was totally at peace. There were not very many people who could afford to fly luxury, so there was very little noise. I just put my headphones in and fell asleep for about an hour listening to my music. When I woke up, The food cart was just passing by, so I bought a few packs of cookies and a milk carton and settled back with a Harry Potter book. The difference was amazing! Even the bathrooms were cleaner! I actually felt safe SITTING on the toilets this time!

Well, soon it was dark out, and all I could see below me was night lights. Occasionally I could look out my window and look up and see the stars, but below was more entrancing. I had learned to get over my fear of heights. I just needed to tell myself that the pilot was experienced and knew what he was doing. It wasn't like they had a kid behind the plane steering wheel...

Anyway, my plane landed at 1:00 a.m. that night. I was exhausted, and dragged myself into my hotel room. I fell asleep almost automatically. When you stay up till 1 with nothing to do, I am sure that everyone falls asleep easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment