Monday, December 17, 2012

Kampala Uganda

I woke up in a hospital bed, not in my balloon, and at first I was confused. I was sure I had fallen asleep in my balloon basket. Then, a nurse walked in. She said my balloon had been floating in a nearby lake, and that they had rescued me and my items and brought me here for the night. I asked where I was, and let me tell you, when she said UGANDA, I screamed my head off. I had been floating towards Kenya! How the heck had this happened?

The first thing I needed to do was book a good hotel. Since I had crash landed, I decided to blow out some money on a five-star hotel called the Kampala Serena Hotel. It was beautiful there! The swimming pool had clear water, the rooms were gigantic and comfortable, and the beds were magnificent! I think mine was a water bed. I settled in right away.


I decided to stay at the comfortable hotel and read up about where I was online. I searched Kampala on Google and discovered that it was the capital of Uganda. Here is what I found:

 Kampala is the largest city in Uganda, hence making it the capital. The city is divided into five Municipal Divisions headed by mayors that oversee local planning. These include: The Kampala Central Division, The Kawempe Division, The Makindye Division, The Nakawa Division and The Lubaga Division. The city is run jointly by the Executive Director who is appointed by the president and oversees the administrative activities of the city and the Lord Mayor who chairs the Kampala City Council Authority.

I felt like resting. I was a little worried about getting to Kenya the next day. I was slowly running out of money, and since my balloon was gone, I needed to get a job in Kenya!

No comments:

Post a Comment