Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Baltimore, Maryland

                                                         
Today I am going to Baltimore, Maryland. I decided to go to the Baltimore Civil War Museum while I was there. It was a very cool place, but small. It had gotten good reviews on trip adviser though, so I decided to try it. I went, and while there was not much to see, there was an interesting documentary on the building that the museum is in. The museum used to be a railroad stop that Union soldiers would get off at in the time of the civil war.

I decided I would eat some lunch and then go to a well rated place called Sherwood Gardens. I went, and it was beautiful there! My only turn off was that there were no trash cans anywhere! I had brought a sandwich and a soda with me to eat lunch there, and there weren't any trash baskets. I was upset. However, the flowers were very pretty. The garden consisted mostly of tulips that were blooming and at the height of their growth.

To end my stay, I decided to go to a drive in movie at a place called Bengie's. I bought a bag of popcorn there, and it was delicious. It was nine bucks to see 3 movies. However, the employees were not nice at all. While the rules were as they are at any movie theater, the employees kept reminding everyone over the loudspeaker to not turn lights on and all the other rules. It was very annoying.

I went back to the hotel after only one movie because I was so annoyed. Its better that I get my rest anyway. Other than the annoying drive-in, I had a great time in Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment